TL1 – New Materials and Components
This Thematic Line addresses the design and development of new advanced materials and components for advanced production and intelligent Systems.
- New Powders
- Surface, and Interface Engineering
- Smart, Meta, and Multi–materials
- Construction, and Living
- Advanced, and Printed Electronics
TL2 – Advanced Productions Systems and Processes
This Thematic Line addresses the design and development of systems targeting paradigm shifts driven by resilience, and the dual climate and digital transitions: datafication, robotization, decarbonization, circularization, and agility and responsiveness.
- Additive Manufacturing Systems
- Integration and Digital Twins and Conventional Manufacturing Processes
- Digital Simulation of Physical Systems & Processes
- Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing and Agro-Forestry
- Smart Machinery and Cyber-physical Production Systems
- Advanced Logistics and Transportation Systems
- Novel Processes & Personalised Well-being Products
TL3 – Sustainable Energy Systems
This Thematic Line focuses on the acceleration of energy transition towards renewable based systems, by integrating new energy efficient supply and demand technologies.
- Renewable Production – Smart energy management systems and new generation infrastructures enabling power transmission and distribution networks allowing high grid penetration
- Energy-Efficiency in Industry and Buildings – Decarbonization implies a major electrification of some major end-users (near-zero buildings, industry, etc)
- Storage Systems – Solutions satisfying increasing requirements of storage, including based on H2
- Electric Mobility – Electric Mobility Charging Infrastructure, and Powertrain Technologies.
TL4 – Intelligent Systems and Robotics
This Thematic Line addresses fundamental and applied R&D to foster the embedding of intelligence in Cyber-Physical architectures and Robotic systems.
- Cyber-Physical Systems by networking physical and computation processes tailored to Production Processes and Built Environment
- Robotics: autonomy, collaborative, situational awareness, human outreach extension
- Control, Optimization and Estimation Architectures to handle computational complexity, constraints, information, and the distributed structures
- Data Science/Machine Learning
- Numerical Computation/Simulation
TL5 – Digital Ecosystem, Sustainability, Risk and Management
This Thematic Line targets the integrated sustainable development and maintenance of infrastructures, facilities and cultural heritage relying on the current trends for a fully digital ecosystem targeting a robust and resilient society.
- Sustainability, life-cycle and waste management
- Smart Cities, Infrastructures and facilities
- Cultural heritage
- Risk assessment and management, resilience and robustness
- Failure, Reliability, Maintenance and Resilience
- Advanced logistics and management for a fully digital ecosystem